Saturday, October 10, 2009
Circumcision
A couple nights ago one of my friends who is very into AP (attachment parenting) posted an article/ blog about circumcision on baby boys. I have always just decided to do it without thinking much of it; that's what you do right? Well maybe not...maybe that is our problem of not thinking about it. I mean, it is a permanent thing and a decision we are making for the boys without any input from them of course. And you cannot tell me it does not hurt!!! Like it pointed out in the blog, God does not give us anything on our bodies that does not have a purpose. Low and behold, I guess the foreskin is actually an organ and has many purposes. Great. Now I feel like crap. Since we had Brody circed just 7 weeks ago, I guess it is a little late. But I feel bad---for all of them. I am sorry guys. I am glad of course that we did not have any infections or anything, but I am sorry that I put you through that and also that I took it away from you. I would definitely research more and rethink it if I could...Hey Dr. Sean, can we sew that back on there????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The New Testament makes plain that physical circumcision is NOT part of Christianity. The Catholic Church even expressly forbids it.
ReplyDeleteMy mom had me circumcised and I know I have missed out on a lot what my body was meant to do, but I forgive her for following custom and for taking bad medical advice. I don't excuse her for thinking she had a scriptural reason to do it, but love her. I even bought the house next to hers to be close to her.
When your boys are old enough, alert them to non-surgical foreskin restoration, which improves intimacy immensely. It's painless but requires great patience.
Thanks, Ron...we will look into that. I think you are the first comment on my blog---thanks! :) Glad you did not hold it against your mom--good to know. Guess that is the ignorance of the world behind the decisions, right?
ReplyDelete