Well I will try to post this...I am crying and so sad about Emmett. I was so excited now that everyone is in bed to sit down and post a few entries to the blog, but then I checked my email and found out about baby Emmett. So I might try to do one or two, but I just don't really feel like blogging about my life much. I kind of feel like throwing up actually.
I am going to do some catch-up entries on things from the past couple months; so anything from the past will be labelled "Catch Up".
The first catch-up entry is a quick one: Brody's hernia. We were so happy that the babies' belly buttons looked so nice after their little belly things fell off. Such nice little belly buttons. Then about 3-4 weeks ago, Brody's belly button looked like it was growing...and growing...and then it was definitely growing. Wait a minute, belly buttons are not supposed to grow! Then we finally had an idea what was going on: he had a hernia. How scary! You mean all that squishy stuff sticking out is his intestines? No way. Sick. Ouch. Is he ok? When we went to their (first) 2-month visit when they were actually 8 weeks old, he had had it about a week. We asked Dr. Sean, and he said yes it is a hernia. He did not seem too worried or even surprised for that matter. He says it will resolve itself but may take up to a year. A year!? It sticks out way more than his penis! A year?! We are worried about the intestines getting strangled in there. He said that is a rare possiblilty and we should just watch to make sure that it can still push back in. Sure, no worries. No stress. Not!
So now we all push it back in when we think about it---gently of course. He does not seem bothered by it either way. The kids even do it sometimes. It is kind of gross and unsightly, but as long as he is okay I guess it is okay. Dr. Sean says as he develops his stomach muscles the hole will close; you can even feel the hole in there. Our question is how does it close up without squeezing his guts in there? Obviously we are keeping a very close eye on it. We are actually going to us a penny or dime and that wrap stuff that is like an Ace bandage that sticks to itself and wrap it around his belly with a coin pushing the hernia in. Dr. Sean actually told us about it but was not really suggesting it, just said that people in some other country or culture do that. We think it sounds better than letting it all hang out there. I hate to have him cry at all with it, because I am afraid he will push it out even further when he screams. So he has not been allowed to cry much lately...not that he did much before anyways but now he really doesn't.
Okay, I took some pics but have no idea how to post them. So as soon as I figure it out I will get them on here.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment