Our Little Big Family...

Our Little Big Family...

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nic

Well, I am finally motivating myself to get on the treadmill again.  It seems like a daily battle, even though I know in my mind that my body can handle it and it will drastically help me in every way.  Running helps boost my metabolism (and hence elimination schedule regularity--yeah!! :)), my mood, my feelings of well-being and self-worth/esteem, hopefully my figure at least a little, lessens my chances of getting Type II Diabetes, and is great for my heart and lungs and circ system.  I know, I know...it is great for me.  It just sucks being out of shape and going through that crappy first two weeks getting back into it. I started last week or maybe even the week before--yeah, I think it was the week before.  But then I didn't run maybe only once last week; that doesn't help much! Duh.  But I ran yesterday for over half hour and then again for 33 minutes (okay, that included my cool-down too, so I didn't run the entire time!).  I think tonight I ran without stopping  for 2.5 miles for about 30 minutes and then cooled down.  Yesterday I did sprints and got up to 8 mph, which is pretty fast for me.  Wonder if I could do 9mph on my 15 second sprint?  Maybe I will try it next time; as long as I can reach that stop button if I need it!  I just keep praying for the strength to overcome my weeniness and Satan's pull of slothfulness and laziness so that I get my butt out there every day except Sundays.  Even one mile a day is better than none!  Sometimes I need a break and just need to let my body do only one mile.  Maybe it can be an uphill mile?!  And actually walking up hills sometimes gets me just as tired as when I run; and it works different muscles more than running.  But there is something depressing about walking for me; it just seems like I have limited time and that I should be getting as much distance out of it as I can by going faster.  I don't know...that is probably dumb, because like I said walking up steep hills definitely gets me out of breath!  Probably I should do it more, because I end up getting lazy and just taking the "easy way" of running faster on 0% incline instead!  Oh well...as long as I drag my butt on it at this point that is a start.

Tonight Scott was home to take care of the babies while I was on there, which was great.  The last few times I have done it I have been home by myself, and it was really hard when the babies started crying in the middle of my run.  Not like I want to stop in the middle or anything...or rather, I do want to stop but not start again! LOL.  I told him tonight I was just going to run one mile, that is all I wanted...and I ended up running almost 3!  That was so cool.  I kind of have to trick my mind I think: if I go into it thinking I am running 3 miles today, I will feel discouraged and like I will never make it.  But if I think I am just running one mile (which is really the hardest part, the beginning), then when I get to a mile I think, "Hey, I can do a little more..." and end up doing more.  Crazy.  It was 46 degrees out tonight when I ran, and it was perfect!  Wish I could run in that all the time.  I was listening to Avril Lavigne, and it was MY time...kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment