Our Little Big Family...

Our Little Big Family...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

6 months!!

Quick update...our babies are SIX MONTHS OLD ALREADY!!  In case that doesn't compute, that is HALF A YEAR!!  NO WAY!  It does not seem at all possible.

So we had their 6 month visit today.  They are both healthy and doing great.  Delaney was I think 12 pounds 15 oz, and Brody was 15 pounds 14 oz.  So she has gained more than he has this last time...she is catching up!  He seems so much bigger than that because he is so solid.

Just yesterday they both started sitting up...only for like 20 seconds at a time and then they would fall over...but better than before!  Today Brody sat up by himself without falling for like 3 minutes before he fell over.  Delaney was probably about 2 minutes or so...getting there!  Before we know it they will be picking themselves up and crawling everywhere...Heaven help me!

We have fed Brody cereal like 5 or 6 times.  Now that they are six months, we will probably start feeding them both cereal more often and eventually add to it.

Had a great visit with Mom and Dad this last week--they actually stayed a long time!  Well, kind of.  From Thursday til Tuesday.  We all loved every minute of it--hopefully they did too.  Bummer part was that Scott was on days so wasn't here much.

Delaney got her first cold :(.  She came down with it like on Friday.  She had tons of snot and kind of started getting hoarse on about Monday with a little bit of a cough.   She is getting better now, but boy was she hating the nose-sucker-thing!

Then at the same time, Brody came down with some kind of a GI thing!  Monday I was getting ready to take him to the gym with me and Mom and Dad were going to watch Delaney since she is sick and can't go to the gym daycare and the other kids.  As I am taking him pee before I leave, he PROJECTILE PUKES on me!  EVERYWHERE!!!  Haven't had that in a while, and it was yucky!!  Obviously my trip to the gym was cancelled, and he proceeded to throw up seven times total that day.  What a nightmare.  When Scott texted me and told me he was going to be late from work that night, I about lost it--of all the days!  Thank goodness Mom and Dad had already decided to stay that day, or they would have already been home.  Lifesavers.  He didn't throw up any more that night or the next day, but then he got diarrhea for two days.  I think he is finally over it.

He was regressing a little with pooping in the chair the week before he got sick--I was getting stressed out.  But since he has been sick, it seems better!  He went poop 3 times in the chair today and none in his pants!  YAY!  Great job Brody.  Delaney is doing very well with EC still, although she did have a poop in her diaper when she was sitting in her play seat.  Those blasted seats, seems like it happens most when they are in them--and what a mess it is then!!!

Azbrielle and Weston are doing great in school.  They are seriously cruising through their books and seem to be really  liking their new classes at MCP.  Don't remember if I already posted this or not, but they are taking Piano, Karate, PE, Hands On History, and Salmon in the Classroom at school on Mondays.  Grandpa got to take them to a special salmon dissection class last Friday, which was cool.  Then Azbrielle got to go to a special Court Club camp for 4 hours with lots of fun activities.

I am going on my 4th week of work--another 7 left---not that I am counting haha!  No really, the work is not so bad...I really like the students.  But I miss my babies!!!  I do like the break, but that is not exactly what I would choose to be doing on my break...but oh well, the money has come in handy.  On our Deschutes rental we got hit this month...Scott had to spend his first 3 days of his 7 off replacing the tile in the kitchen with vinyl.  Not exactly what I had in mind for his week off.  And it was expensive too.  And before that, the heater quit working when Scott was on days.  So we had to send our neighbor handy man out to fix it--and that was another $300!  So I guess we are lucky that we had my paycheck to help out with that.

Chase came a week and a half ago, and it was so fun having him here.  I miss him so much.  He seems happy and doing well, though...pretty tied to all of his friends on My Space, much to my dismay.  But he is such a good kid, and we are really proud of him.  We got him a nice King trombone for his 14th birthday, and he loved it.  He even looked a little excited!!  haha.  FOURTEEN!  Can you believe it?  I can't.  So crazy.  He is starting to grow into a young man...

Well I have to work tomorrow, so I had better get some sleep to deal with all those girls!  Scott is crashed on the couch...so much for quality time or movie or something!?  I only wish...

No comments:

Post a Comment