Well, I have to write about this one before I forget. We fed Brody some rice cereal for the first time a couple nights ago, on January 11. At first he wouldn't even really open his mouth, but after a few tastes he started figuring it out and opened up. He really got into it after a couple minutes and got REALLY ticked if the spoon was not right there waiting for him and especially when it was gone! It was so cute. We have never started a baby on any cereal before six months, but he just seems so ready. He practically drools watching us eat, and Dr. Sean actually gave us the okay at his last appt, which was his 4-month well baby visit. To me, that was just too early. I still balked a little at five and a half months, but I guess it is okay...I think I just don't want to fully let go of the fact that I alone can keep him growing with my breast milk! But we haven't really done any cereal since, so it is not like he is having mostly cereal or anything. They are both still nursing really well (usually at the same time). Actually, Delaney ate 12 oz of bottle (her full one plus the rest of Brody's) AND nursed off me the other day at church!!!!! INSANE! I don't know where she keeps it, because she is still pretty small. Maybe she is getting ready to try to catch up to Brody?? Amazing. He hasn't actually been eating that much, at least from the bottle where we can measure it--but he is still such a big boy! I am guessing they get a lot off me, but it is hard to tell.
I cannot believe they are almost a half a year old. That is just not right. Even though I have stayed home this time and have tried to embrace and enjoy every minute of every day, it is still flying by. Not fair at all. I am already missing the baby baby stages...how sad. I love my babies sooooo much---and my big babies too! It is so fun having Azbrielle and Weston home and home schooling them---I feel like it has really made us all closer. Scott says he notices too. How cool.
I had my first day back teaching last Friday--it was okay, but not great. It was hard being away from the babies and totally felt like a lot longer than 6.5 hours! Lisa had them, and of course they did fine. They only had one wet diaper all day between them! They must really have been putting them on the potty a lot! Making me look bad! :) Great job, guys! I think the girls really like having the babies there.
I am so excited--Chase gets to come home this weekend for the 3-day weekend!! Yay! We are going to celebrate his birthday---I really cannot believe that he is going to be 14!!!!!!! That is totally crazy. Now I feel really old...at least when I think about it like that. Otherwise I don't feel my age though. Think we are getting Chase a new trombone for his bday, since he has started playing in band again this year :). I told him that if he sticks with it, we will get him a new, non-dented one with a HARD case so he doesn't ruin this one!
I have started working out at the gym again---not sure if I put that in my last post or not. I am really proud of myself for making it every day, especially when I have to tote the kids around with me. I am usually a few minutes late, but I am just happy to be there at all. I feel better already, although I have a LONG way to go. I cannot believe how bad I have let myself go. I am truly the fattest I have ever been, and it is making me so sick and sad. Yuck. Thinking of trying Advocare to see if I can kickstart myself--but what if I pay $252 to start it and it does not work? NOt like we have much extra money or anything...
Today I did something kind of crazy...while the kids were at the Court Club swimming for their PE with MCP, the babies and I went on a simple little trip to Penneys to return some Christmas stuff. NOt too easy anymore with two babies, no stroller with me, and no car seats to haul them around in. We got them both Britax seats (yay!) but the downside is that they do not come out of the car. So I thought I would put them both in wraps and wear them both. Ha. I put Delaney in the moby first and then was going to try Brody in the Ergo on top--both in front. Uhhhh....NO. Not that way. So then I took Brody off and discovered he was drenched because I forgot to put on the diaper cover on the Thirstie! What a pain in the A__, let me tell you. Thank goodness it was not raining!! Finally got him changed then put him in the Ergo and slid him around back. I have never done that before, so that in itself was an experience. Then I somehow got the Moby on between Brody and me and got Delaney in there. It was actually SOOO cute! Delaney on front and Brody on back...talk about getting looks!! It was really fun, but we seriously had about 6 minutes in the store and then had to pick the kids up. But at least now I know...Moby wrap on first, then Ergo with baby, then baby into Moby! haha. Have my second day of work Friday---ugh. Whose idea was this anyways? Oh, that would be mine....but it is good to hang out with Fran at work though! I will be glad when the quarter is over though...nine more Fridays, not that I am counting!
We are so stinking busy now that I am going to the gym and the kids have their PE and school. And they are not even taking the ballet and gymnastics and Karate that they can take!! I would love to get them into those things. but WHEN???? We have so much going on. We also really want them in swim lessons and maybe some City of Kennewick activities---but when??? I don't know how I even lived when I worked so much, seriously!
Gotta go, late again! I think I remembered everything so far. One of these days I will have to figure out again how to get pics on here.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment